Queen Street Wish the Queen a Very Happy 90th Birthday
Queen Street wish the Queen a very Happy 90th Birthday and this year has been an even bigger celebration. We are delighted too that the Duke of Edinburgh also celebrated his 95th Birthday – many congratulations.
The Queen’s Birthday
The Queen’s Birthday has been marked with some amazing events this year and here are some of them from around here, in Leicester, as well as the UK:
- RAF flypast at Buckingham Palace including two Spitfires, four helicopters and the Red Arrows!
- Gun salutes were fired across the UK
- The royal barge Gloriana led a flotilla of about 50 boats in a pageant down the River Thames
- Here in Leicester hundreds of people descended on the city centre for an old-fashioned British garden party held in Jubilee Square. Attractions in the square included a stage featuring live music and dancing, children’s activities, street entertainers and stalls selling food.
- There were also many street parties and celebrations in our Leicester villages too from a Tea Party on the village green in Thrussington to street parties in Rearsby for the local school children.
Why Does the Queen Have Two Birthdays?
Having two Birthdays as a Royal has taken place since 1748 when King George II implemented the double date to help aid celebrations. Predominantly the second date being in the Summer months in the hope of better weather. As typically celebrations are outdoors, such as street parties, it was hoped the weather would have less of an impact if events were held in Summer months.
The most famous celebration being the Trooping the Colour Ceremony also known as the Queens Birthday Parade. Also the Birthday Honours list is also announced on this day.
Queen Street Leicester
We feel very lucky to have such a great street name and building name as prestigious as Queen Street. We make sure that we uphold such a name by offering quality, luxury apartments that make living in Leicester a great place to be. If you are looking for quality furnished or unfurnished flats to rent in Leicester then Queen Street Quarter are for you. Contact us today for more information.
Image courtesy of the BBC