What’s On in Leicester June 2016
It’s a real pleasure to be right in the heart of Leicester city centre, as there is always something going on to see, do and enjoy. It’s such a dynamic city that’s bursting at the seams with art, culture and entertainment, that you would be hard pressed to find any moment to be bored.
We’re especially pleased to be here as the summer approaches, because not only are there some great parks to relax in and enjoy the sunshine, but Leicester is packed full of some fabulous events, carnivals, shows and days out of all kinds. So, if you’re wondering what’s on in Leicester June 2016, here are just a few to check out…
List of Events & Dates
- Leicester Riverside Festival – June 4/5 – at Bede Park, Mile Straight, Western Boulevard, Castle Gardens. Must see and do: Dragon boat racing, live music, boat trips and a ton of activities on and off the water.
- Spark Children’s Art Festival – to June 4 – series of events for the largest children’s festival in England. Venues include the Curve Theatre, The Y and New Walk Museum and Art Gallery.
- Uprising – June 4 – rock and metal all dayer at De Montfort Hall.
- Pasha – June 7 – De Montfort Hall – Fabulous dance spectacular including music, dance, energy, lights and costumes. Must see for any Strictly fans.
- Mad about the Musicals – June 9 – De Montfort Hall – showing the biggest songs from the best musicals.
- World Gin Day 2016 – June 11 – National Space Centre. A chance to learn about gin and mix your own cocktails
- The Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations – June 12 – (well we do live on her street after all!) Hope the sun shines for all the street parties going on.
- Leicester’s Vintage Festival – June 25/26 – Abbey Pumping Station – celebrating steam, vintage vehicles, the 1970s and live music from the time.
- Street Choirs Festival 2016 – June 24-26– Based at the Curve Theatre. Range of public events and activities featuring hundreds of singers from all over the country.
- Bands in the Parks – Sundays in June – Live music, jazz, brass and much more at Abbey Park, Braunstone Park, Leicestershire.
If you’re attending an event, book your viewing at the same time!
If you like the look of one of the fantastic events going on in Leicester this June and you’d love to dive into all the fun goings on, as and when you please, then why not consider calling Leicester your home and renting an apartment right in the heart of the city centre? If you’ll be attending one of the events above this June, you could always kill two birds with one stone and book your viewing at the same time.
Contact Queen Street Apartments today
The story of our Leicester torch bearer John Noble is just one example of how we’re right in the heart of where it’s all happening. To find out more about our excellent city centre accommodation, located in Leicester’s vibrant Cultural Quarter, contact our friendly team at the Queen Street Apartments today with any questions you might have and to book your viewing.