Things To Do in The Cultural Quarter of Leicester
Things to do in The Cultural Quarter of Leicester
If you find yourself visiting the Cultural Quarter of Leicester, you might be wondering what on earth there is to do. Here are five great suggestions that you should definitely consider:
• Visit The SoundHouse: This fantastic little venue plays host to various up and coming music acts. From rap to country, from rock to folk, there’s a real mix of artists on offer at this venue. Remember to check out the official SoundHouse website for a list of up and coming gigs – you never know which one might catch your eye!
• Take a bite to eat: The Cultural Quarter plays host to many fantastic restaurants – some are so good that they’ve been recognised with various awards. Top eateries in and around the Cultural Quarter include: Chutney Ivy or delicious deli style sandwiches from The Exchange Bar . You’ll never struggle to find top food during your time in Leicester.
• Witness independent cinema: The Phoenix Square is home to a great cinema that showcases the finest films from independent film companies, as well as movie makers from around the world. If you want a cinematic experience that’s a little different to the mainstream movies on offer in your typical cinema, this place is well worth a visit.
• View art: There’s plenty of art on display in the Cultural Quarter – you’ll find the gallery space at the Two Queens is full of brilliant contemporary art. There are also exhibition areas in Fabrika, Pedestrian Arts and the LCB Depot. The Cultural Quarter is an art lover’s dream!
• Start a business: OK you’re unlikely to start a business when just passing through, but the impressive incubator units on offer in the LCB Depot are food for thought for a lot of people who want to start a business, but don’t know where to do so. The Fuel Cafe bar can be found in the LCB Depot too.
With plenty to do in the Cultural Quarter of Leicester, you are guaranteed to enjoy your time at Queen Street Apartments.